Saturday, June 6, 2015

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Coconut Chews

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Coconut Chews

Picutre Credit: dailyforge-glutenfree.com

This week I tried this recipe.  These cookies are very delicious and the recipe is versatile.  And, they are chewy, which is why the recipe calls them "chews".  These cookies are also allergen-free, which is great. 

Click here for the recipe.

Here are some substitutions I made / recommend:
-I did use the chia seeds in the recipe.  But, if you can have eggs, you can substitute an egg instead.
 -I can't have the brown sugar, so I substituted Organic Coconut Palm Sugar which is low-glycemic and also brown in color and has a delicious caramel taste.  You can use it to substitute any recipe that calls for conventional sugar, honey, or agave with equal amounts of coconut palm sugar.
-I increased the chocolate chips in my recipe, but I don't recommend that.  Just use the amount the recipe calls for...unless you love a LOT of chocolate.
-The recipe calls for Kosher salt.  I recommend using a fine salt because I noticed little chunks of salt taste in the cookies.
-For the nuts, I used chopped almonds - they were delicious.

Bon Appetit!

Related Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment