Lots of other repairs have been taking place, keeping us in a construction zone. We installed a new hot water heater this week. It has a 6 gallon tank, which is bigger than our old one. Also, installed a new furnace . Just started using it first thing in the morning because it's already getting fairly cold at night.
Also, Chad's dad made us new trim pieces which we installed in certain areas.
|New trim piece under the refrigerator|
We want to drink our water, so we are using a hose for fresh water, and a RV water filter that filters the water before it enters the tank. We also bought a Culligan FM-15RA Advanced Faucet Filter Kit. And, we filter our drinking water through a PUR CR-6000 7-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher. Hopefully that will be safe enough. : )
We also bought a mini vacuum cleaner this week & a mini dehumidifier . We hope that it will help with moisture. Although, not sure if it's a good one because it is now in the bathroom and hasn't pulled out much water at all. Yeah - going to send that back.
Last week was our first dumping experience. We totally didn't know what we needed! The first time we went to the camping store we bought a sewer hose - didn't know we needed a sewer kit with all the fittings. Then, we couldn't find any fittings to go with the hose we bought. LOL So, we ended up buying a new sewer kit . We bought RhinoExtreme because it's supposed to be heavy duty. It seems good so far. However, we didn't have enough hose for the first dump. So, we bought an extension sewer kit which should arrive tomorrow.
|The bathroom fan didn't work, so Chad ran a new wire from the bathroom switch that didn't appear to do anything. Now, it works great!|
|Also added some power strips in some key locations.|